Wednesday, October 26, 2016

3 Books to Read for Autumn!

The fall season is here, everyone.  Leaves are turning brown and orange, and the temperature is almost perfect for wearing sweaters.  I love curling up under a blanket on a chilly October evening with a fall-related book in my hands.  Whether it have an autumn-y cover or have "autumn" in the title, as long as it has some relation to the fall season, there's something special about it - far more special than if it were summer and I was reading the book.  The same applies for the other seasons.  Does anyone else get this feeling?

Anyway, I have found three books that are perfect to read this autumn.  Put them at the top of your To Be Read list, because before you know it, winter will be upon us!

"A Year Without Autumn" by Liz Kessler

This one was sad, but it had that warm, fuzzy feel to it as well.  Jenni's best friend Autumn is bubbly and full of life, but after an elevator ride takes Jenni into the future, she discovers that over the course of only one year, a horrible change in Autumn's family has broken their friendship in half.  Will Jenni be able to change the future?





"The Wrinkled Crown" by Anne Nesbet

Okay, so this one has nothing to do with fall except for the tree you see on the cover, but it's a very unique book. To put it bluntly, weird.  After the Voices take Linny's best friend Sayra to the the place called Away, Linny sets out to makes things right, travelling across the "wrinkled" hills in search of medicine to bring Sayra back.  Along the way, she gets mixed up in an ancient war between magic and science.  Curious and creative.





"Come Fall" by A.C.E. Bauer

I read this one a few years ago, so I confess that when I looked at reviews for it on Goodreads (to, you know, refresh my memory), I found that there was quite a bit I had forgotten.  The main characters are three kids who go to public school and become friends.  What you might find compelling is that the fairy world magically intervenes - characters from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.  As well as recommending this for you, I'll have to pick it up again myself.


Happy reading!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, there! I'm always beyond thrilled to receive little messages, so leave one and I'll reply! Then we can be friends :) But. Leave an intentionally offensive or inappropriate comment, and I'm going to have to delete it.

That being said, I can hardly WAIT to hear from you!