Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Totally Should've Book Tag

Like the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag, the Totally Should've Tag seemed to float around the book blogosphere for a while.  I can understand why - it's a super fun one to fill out! Behold the lovely questions.  (They're not in question format, but behold them anyway.)

1.  A book that totally should've gotten a sequel


My Diary from the Edge of the World by Jodi Lynn Anderson.  This book is amazing, and if you haven't read it... please do.  Prepare for a lot of heartbreak, a little humor, and overall amazingness.  There are simply no words.  None.

The author could go many ways with a sequel.  I'm thinking the main character could be a girl or boy from the Extraordinary World, and to the Extraordinary World, the Lockwoods' world is supposedly made-up.  You know, a vice-versa kind of thing.  

2.  A book/series that totally should've had a spin-off


The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson!  A prequel from Gee's POV would be awesome.  (If you haven't read this book, don't wait another minute.  I still haven't read the companion novel, The Secrets of Solace, but I want to and my friend said it was really good, so why have I not read it yet??  So many books, SO LITTLE TIME.)

3.  An author who totally should write more books

I'm going to go with Jennifer A. Nielsen.  She actually is writing more books, but if only she could write the first book in The Traitor's Game faster, so it could come out sooner.  My inner writer understands that books take time to be transformed into awesomeness, but my inner reader just wants to have Traitor's Game in her hands right now, at this very moment.

4.  A character who totally should've ended up with someone else


The Final Spark, book 7 in the Michael Vey series, releases in September 2017 - only about a million years away. *falls on knees and screams in agony as lightning flashes and thunder booms*  Anyway, this means something could change, and Michael may end up with someone other than who he currently has, but his relationship right now is just... no.  She's so possessive of him and really quite bratty.

5.  It totally should've ended differently


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.  I enjoyed the book very much, but once I got to the end, I was thinking this: Um, thanks for letting us know how things turn out for Katniss, but what about the rest of Panem?  The movie added some more details, thankfully, so that was nice. 

6.  Totally should've had a movie franchise


The False Prince by Jennifer A.  Nielsen!  It got soooo close to hitting the big screen, but then Paramount decided, "Nah, let's not make this a movie.  I mean, the main character has the most wonderful sarcasm ever, and he totally deserves a movie - as long as he's played by an attractive, talented actor - but NOPE, let's just disappoint all his fans and stop working on it."  Wow, am I ranting? ;D

You can read the tragic post here on the author's blog.

7.  Totally should've had a TV show


I can kind of imagine Ranger's Apprentice as a TV show.  It seems like it would flow smoothly as a series of episodes.

8.  Totally should've had only one point of view

I don't know if I've ever read a book with multiple POVs that I wished had only one.  I love different POVs!  To answer with something, though, The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick got confusing at times with four teenage girls switching between narrations.  But I loved it anyway :D

9.  Totally should have a cover change

The Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale!  The first few books (at least) did get a cover change, though, but this is my opportunity to display a "before and after."  One is ugly, one is awesome.  Guess.

 












10.  Totally should've kept the original covers

I don't have an answer.  New covers have always been better, if you ask me.

11.  Totally should've stopped at book one


The W.A.R.P. series by Eoin Colfer should've never even had a book 1.  What I read of The Reluctant Assassin (I never finished it) was weird and confusing, too fast-paced and kind of stupid.  The bad guy was pretty creepy too, obsessed with blood and murder.  In fact, I've never liked how Colfer writes very much.

I tag anyone who reads this!  If you want to do it, go right ahead :D

On the last day of May, I'll be posting an overview/recap/wrap-up post (still haven't decided what to call it).  I can't wait to see what other bloggers wrap up the month with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, there! I'm always beyond thrilled to receive little messages, so leave one and I'll reply! Then we can be friends :) But. Leave an intentionally offensive or inappropriate comment, and I'm going to have to delete it.

That being said, I can hardly WAIT to hear from you!