Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Summer Fun Tag // Owl City + Whale Crackers

Welcome, everyone, to the Summer Fun Tag!  This lovely list of questions was created by Mikayla@Making Music for the Maker.  I was tagged by Gray@Writing Is Life.  Prepare to learn some strange things about me that don't relate to books or writing, for once.


1.  What's a nickname only your family calls you?

My dad likes to say my full name, except replacing my actual middle name with "Fred." It doesn't annoy me - he's been calling me that since forever :D

2.  What's a weird habit of yours?

This is going to sound really weird, but I tend to curl my top lip up so it touches my nose. That way I can smell my Chapstick  *everyone looks weirded-out*  What??  I like Chapstick!  And the cake batter one smells great.

I have tried to break this habit, but it's hard.  It just... happens.

3.  Do you have any strange phobias?

*beads of sweat gather on brow* It's an insect, but not just any insect.  It loves my basement and has long legs.  Whenever I try to kick at it, it jumps the exact opposite direction I want it to go - toward me!  They're terrifying beasts that are most likely hiding downstairs plotting my death and probably world dominance at this very moment.

They.  Are.  Invincible.

And they are camel crickets.

(If you've never seen one, I dare you to Google them.  They're hideously disgusting.)

4.  What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?



*shouts over the loud music* I LOVE THIS SONG.

Click the red button.  Do it.  I've made it super easy for you to experience the awesomeness of Owl City right here, right now.  Then you shall know what I blast and belt on a regular basis.

Owl City is my jam, people.

5.  What's one of your biggest pet peeves?

Hashtags.  These days, you can have a normal conversation via hashtags only and it wouldn't be #weird.

BOB: #Hello #HowAreYou

LOIS: #Good #HowAboutYou

#HashtagsAreAnnoying

#Don'tWorry  #It'sJustMe

6.  What's one of your nervous habits?

Nail-biting.  It's a regular habit, but I bite them more viciously when I'm nervous.

7.  What's a YouTuber that always makes you laugh?

Blimey Cow!  Jordan and Josh are so annoying, and yet they're so funny.  Messy Mondays is great, but Jordan's Messyges are my favorite.

8.  What was your first stuffed animal, and what was its name?

Her name is Spotty, and she's a stuffed owl. (I'm holding her in my lap right now because I haven't given her much love the past, erm, five or six years.) I won her in a reading contest at my library a long time ago, and I hope she's grateful, because I chose her over a super cute stuffed husky dog.

9.  What's a drink you always order at Starbucks?

I never get anything at Starbucks.  Whenever we go, though, my mom always orders a chai tea latte.  ALWAYS.

10.  Do you have any weird body skills?

Well, I can curl my tongue.  That's about it.

11.  What's your favorite comfort food?

I never turn to food for comfort, but I do munch on Whale crackers a lot. *stage whisper* They're better than Goldfish.

Chocolate chip muffins, too.  You know, I'm really just answering this question as if it said, "What do you regularly snack on?"

12.  What is a phrase or exclamation you always say?

I used to say "I lurve it so murch" all the time, until I realized how stupid it was :D

13.  What did you use to wear that you would never wear now?

Pigtails.  My hair is curly and short-ish, and I used to wear it in bouncy pigtails for soccer games. Now I wouldn't dream of it.  For years now, my look has simply been jeans, a T-shirt, and a low, loose ponytail.  Clearly, I'm not big on fashion.

14.  What did you want to be when you were younger?

A singer, even though I knew it would never happen.  My sisters and I would strum tennis rackets like guitars while I sang songs I wrote myself.  We even had this pink toy microphone that makes your voice sound echoey. NOTE: I can't sing.

I would share some of the lyrics (I still know most of my songs by heart, unfortunately), except that the very notion of doing so horrifies me.  I think it's better for both our sakes that I keep it to myself :)

15.  How tall are you?

5 feet, 8 inches.  Last I checked, at least.

16.  What are five ways to win your heart/become a great friend?

1) Encourage me in the Lord.  I need friends who are on fire, so they can help keep my flame burning.
2) Love books. (obviously not required, but it's a relateability thing)
3) Be a writer. (same as above)
4) Be weird, and unashamed of it.  That way we can be weird together. (weird is the new norm, anyway)
5) Simply be there for me.  I'll be there for you.

I get to tag people!  Huzzah!

Catherine@The Rebelling Muse
Abi@If You Give a Girl a Blog
Penny@The Aspirations of a Teen Writer and Reader

And, like they always say, anyone else who wants to do it is 100% welcome to.  Have fun!

So, friends, talk to me.  I welcome any and all hobbits into this corner of the Shire (aka the comments section).  Take your time - while I wait, I'll just listen to Owl City and stuff my face with Whale crackers.

~ Lila Red

23 comments:

  1. WHALE CRACKERS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!
    I used to eat whale crackers when I was younger. That was the go to snack. Haven't had them in a while though. Chocolate muffins are awesome. I loved your answers. Hashtags annoy me soooo much. I can't stand them. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I think you're taller than me by an inch. Yes, I'm aware that's not much, but I was just curious. (If you don't want to answer, I totally understand.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AREN'T THEY, THOUGH? Here, have some. It's been too long *pours a bucket of Whale crackers on top of you*

      Thanks :D And I would tell you my age, but then I'd have to kill you. It's filed under confidential.

      Just kidding! I'd really just prefer not to say my age, if you don't mind :)

      Delete
    2. *swims in Whale crackers* Thank you!

      I totally understand. You secret agents have to keep that information under wraps. ;)

      Delete
    3. Yep. *slips on sunglasses and adjusts tie*

      Delete
  2. Hey Lila!

    Don't worry, it is not only you: Hashtags are so annoying!

    MovieCritic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there!!!!! XD

      Wow, I really thought I was probably, like, the only one. But guess not! I wouldn't mind if they weren't so OVERUSED.

      Thanks for commenting!!! <3

      Delete
  3. I LOV THAT SONG TOO!!!!! XD
    Also, Whale Crackers are better than goldfish, I'm glad to find someone else who thinks that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T IT THE BEST SONG EVER, PRETTY MUCH??

      They truly are! I have a friend who thinks Goldfish are better, and I don't think we will ever make peace about it, because it is SUCH an important topic, you know? ;)

      Delete
  4. Cool! I love tags, I'll put this up later this month probably.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I very much look forward to your answers, Catherine!!! XD

      Delete
  5. Hashtags are so so annoying when they're overdone! I sympathize with you about them. XD It was super fun to learn more about you, Lila! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE. I don't mind them so much if it makes sense to use one, but so often it's unnecessary. That's was irritates me.

      I guess I AM rather interesting, aren't I? ;) Just kidding! But I'm so glad you enjoyed this post!!!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh that song is so awesome! I've listened to a little Owl City before but that one definitely makes me want to listen to more lol.

    Blimey Cow is hilarious!!! I haven't watched them in a while though. (Oops)

    Spotty is a really cute name :D And I never get anything at Starbucks either! (I've actually never even had coffee before *gasps*) Although it's been years since I've gotten one, I remember their chocolate chip cookies being pretty good!

    CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS YESSSS. I haven't had those in forever, though! I have had banana chocolate chip muffins fairly recently, though, and those are pretty good too.

    Being a singer would be fun! I used to write some songs too, lol. I don't remember the lyrics though. Probably for the best.

    Thank you so much for tagging me!!! I'm super excited to do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it??? Most of his older stuff is a lot different, actually. It's far more metaphorical, but I love every single Owl City song! His music is so unique!

      Actually, I haven't kept up with their videos lately either... (Oops for me too!)

      Thanks! She's a spotted owl, after all, so it only makes sense ;) And I very rarely drink coffee. Like, VERY rarely. You should try it sometime, though!

      CHOCOLATE!! Who doesn't love chocolate? I mean, come on ;) But I have two chocolate muffins, like, every single day. It's probably not good, but oh well.

      I sang my songs so many times, I doubt I'll every forget them. Unfortunately :D

      You are SO welcome!!! I can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  7. *waves because I've arrived*

    Can I scream now because of OWL CITY! MY FAVORITE "BAND" OF ALL TIME ... currently at least. You love it too? That is fabulous!!!

    Hashtags... actually I don't quite get them but I kind of like them...???

    Stuffed owl...aww that's so nice. Let's see here I have a number if friends sitting on my bed - two dinosaurs, a giraffe, an elephant, two Samoyd dogs, a crayon, and my doll Jessica who is only two years younger than me... they are so much fun xD <3

    And THAT VERSE IN YOUR PROFILE IT IS MY VERSE so not really but I LOVE IT SI MUCH <3 <3 <3

    P.S. You are nice and tall. I AM JEALOUS. (actually not that much; I like my height fine but still you know...)

    lisa @ inkwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waves back* Yay, you've arrived!

      YES, I LOVE OWL CITY! Not a band, though... It's just Adam Young. One guy ;) But seriously, his music is the BEST! What's your fave Owl City song?

      Lol, I relate to liking things I don't even understand! Hashtags may be one of my biggest pet peeves, but if you like them, I won't judge. At all :) I just NO ONE who likes them even though I don't.

      Ohmigosh, isn't that verse awesome??? The entire Bible is awesome, obviously, but there are some sections I love especially, and Psalm 45:1 is one of them!

      It is kinda nice... but try not to be jealous:) There are advantages to being a shorter person, too!

      Thanks for the wonderful comment, Lisa!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I love your collection of stuffed things! I wanna plop onto your bed and cuddle them all XD

      Delete
    3. Uuuugh, I meant "judge" not "just."

      Delete
    4. Yup, just Adam Young :) Uh I have so many favorites. Like... let's see ... Live It Up, and Here's Hope (probably my top fave), and Dreams and Disasters, and How I Became the Sea, and Fireflies, and Beautiful Mystery, and Technicolor Phase, and Bird With a Broken Wing, and don't ask anymore, I LOVE THEM ALLLL. Even the instrumentals. And Sky Sailing. And Port Blue.

      Yeah, well hashtags are just personal preference. Nothing wrong with liking or disliking. I won't use them when talking to you :D

      Yes that verse though. I used it once when answering the tag question, what writing advice would you give. I said, "write from your heart. write for your king. write what you were meant/sent to write."

      Hehe, yeah. You know what always makes me feel good? Thinking of all the short/small heroines in books xD I'm honestly quite okay with my size :D

      Thanks you. *turns to the stuffed toys* Ah, they say they'd love to have you here to cuddle with too. And they send their greetings. And I hear them talking how sometimes when I'm not at home they secretly read blogs on my phone and they are discussing which blog was yours and what the name exactly was.

      lol

      lisa

      Delete
    5. I like Up All Night and Beautiful Times and Angels and Back Home and yeah, basically ALLLL of them!!! And yes, even the instrumentals!

      I love that quote. *breathes in to absorb it* Write from our hearts. Write for our King.

      Haha, yes, all those small heroines!

      Awww, a special thank you and greetings to the stuffed toys! I'm so glad they're interested in my blog ;) My stuffed animals are giving me the evil eye because they think I might abandon them to go cuddle your collection. Silly little toys :)

      Delete

Hi, there! I'm always beyond thrilled to receive little messages, so leave one and I'll reply! Then we can be friends :) But. Leave an intentionally offensive or inappropriate comment, and I'm going to have to delete it.

That being said, I can hardly WAIT to hear from you!