Welcome, everyone, to the Summer Fun Tag! This lovely list of questions was created by Mikayla@Making Music for the Maker. I was tagged by Gray@Writing Is Life. Prepare to learn some strange things about me that don't relate to books or writing, for once.
1. What's a nickname only your family calls you?
My dad likes to say my full name, except replacing my actual middle name with "Fred." It doesn't annoy me - he's been calling me that since forever :D
2. What's a weird habit of yours?
This is going to sound really weird, but I tend to curl my top lip up so it touches my nose. That way I can smell my Chapstick *everyone looks weirded-out* What?? I like Chapstick! And the cake batter one smells great.
I have tried to break this habit, but it's hard. It just... happens.
3. Do you have any strange phobias?
*beads of sweat gather on brow* It's an insect, but not just any insect. It loves my basement and has long legs. Whenever I try to kick at it, it jumps the exact opposite direction I want it to go - toward me! They're terrifying beasts that are most likely hiding downstairs plotting my death and probably world dominance at this very moment.
They. Are. Invincible.
And they are camel crickets.
(If you've never seen one, I dare you to Google them. They're hideously disgusting.)
4. What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
*shouts over the loud music* I LOVE THIS SONG.
Click the red button. Do it. I've made it super easy for you to experience the awesomeness of Owl City right here, right now. Then you shall know what I blast and belt on a regular basis.
Owl City is my jam, people.
5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
Hashtags. These days, you can have a normal conversation via hashtags only and it wouldn't be #weird.
BOB: #Hello #HowAreYou
LOIS: #Good #HowAboutYou
6. What's one of your nervous habits?
Nail-biting. It's a regular habit, but I bite them more viciously when I'm nervous.
7. What's a YouTuber that always makes you laugh?
Blimey Cow! Jordan and Josh are so annoying, and yet they're so funny. Messy Mondays is great, but Jordan's Messyges are my favorite.
8. What was your first stuffed animal, and what was its name?
Her name is Spotty, and she's a stuffed owl. (I'm holding her in my lap right now because I haven't given her much love the past, erm, five or six years.) I won her in a reading contest at my library a long time ago, and I hope she's grateful, because I chose her over a super cute stuffed husky dog.
9. What's a drink you always order at Starbucks?
I never get anything at Starbucks. Whenever we go, though, my mom always orders a chai tea latte. ALWAYS.
10. Do you have any weird body skills?
Well, I can curl my tongue. That's about it.
11. What's your favorite comfort food?
I never turn to food for comfort, but I do munch on Whale crackers a lot. *stage whisper* They're better than Goldfish.
Chocolate chip muffins, too. You know, I'm really just answering this question as if it said, "What do you regularly snack on?"
12. What is a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I used to say "I lurve it so murch" all the time, until I realized how stupid it was :D
13. What did you use to wear that you would never wear now?
Pigtails. My hair is curly and short-ish, and I used to wear it in bouncy pigtails for soccer games. Now I wouldn't dream of it. For years now, my look has simply been jeans, a T-shirt, and a low, loose ponytail. Clearly, I'm not big on fashion.
14. What did you want to be when you were younger?
A singer, even though I knew it would never happen. My sisters and I would strum tennis rackets like guitars while I sang songs I wrote myself. We even had this pink toy microphone that makes your voice sound echoey. NOTE: I can't sing.
I would share some of the lyrics (I still know most of my songs by heart, unfortunately), except that the very notion of doing so horrifies me. I think it's better for both our sakes that I keep it to myself :)
15. How tall are you?
5 feet, 8 inches. Last I checked, at least.
16. What are five ways to win your heart/become a great friend?
1) Encourage me in the Lord. I need friends who are on fire, so they can help keep my flame burning.
2) Love books. (obviously not required, but it's a relateability thing)
3) Be a writer. (same as above)
4) Be weird, and unashamed of it. That way we can be weird together. (weird is the new norm, anyway)
5) Simply be there for me. I'll be there for you.
I get to tag people! Huzzah!
Catherine@The Rebelling Muse
Abi@If You Give a Girl a Blog
Penny@The Aspirations of a Teen Writer and Reader
And, like they always say, anyone else who wants to do it is 100% welcome to. Have fun!
So, friends, talk to me. I welcome any and all hobbits into this corner of the Shire (aka the comments section). Take your time - while I wait, I'll just listen to Owl City and stuff my face with Whale crackers.
~ Lila Red